Re: [squid-users] squid_ldap_group (Group into Group)

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 00:17:51 +1200

On 10/08/2012 11:55 p.m., Rickifer Barros wrote:
> Hi Eugene,
>
> yes, that's true, but this only works together the program
> squid_kerb_auth. So this require my computer inside a domain. I need
> that it works with a popup to type username and password.
>
> I tried:
> - to use squid_kerb_auth with the parameter "auth_param basic program"
> (DOESN'T WORK)

Taking Basic auth scheme and sending its credentials format to Kerbros
scheme helper -> FAIL.

> - to use squid_ldap_auth to autenticate and squid_kerb_ldap to search.
> It authenticates but doesn't search. (DOESN'T WORK)

Taking a Basic auth format username and looking up Kerberos groups with it.
   could work, but Basic auth usernames do not normally have the @DOMAIN
syntax part. You will need to check users are logging in with that and
its not being stripped away anywhere.

> - to use "auth_param negotiate program squid_kerb_auth" with
> "squid_kerb_ldap" to search, with my computer inside a domain. (IT
> WORKS!) But without username/password popup.

Kerberos is designed to operate without a popup. Move the computer
outside the domain and is might work only with popups. Or it might not.

> Is there some way to join "Authentication via Popup" + "Recursive Query"?

They are completely separate operations.

external_acl_type (group lookup) does authorization. Taking the username
and checking groups. username can come from any authentication type, or
even be non-authenticated. The only thing that matters is whether the
username presented by Squid to the helper is of a format which matches
somethign in the groups database.

Amos