[squid-users] content scanning with squid

From: Lars Roland <lroland@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:17:17 +0200

Hi All

I have been googling a around for a squid configuration that will
allow for scanning the data received from a web server before passing
it to the client, but I have not found anything. Can this not be done
?. I am thinking of the possibility to add third party scanners and
letting them return a score to squid, that would indicate if the
content is allowed (same method that qmail scanner uses to indicate if
an email contains virus or not in qmail).

If this is not possible, can someone then tell me iff there has been
any attempts to implement this, searching the archives has revelad
some patches, but it is not clear if any of them are succefully
working.

Regards.

Lars Roland