[squid-users] Setting WCCP up under Solaris 8

From: Wallace, Brian S. <wallacebs@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:31:57 -0400

Hi:

I'm trying to setup a test server to try WCCP V2 with Squid 2.5Stable2.
I've read the FAQ and white paper as well as read other WCCP postings in
this group. We're running Squid on a Sun V120 with Solaris 8 and we
have a Cisco PIX 535. I'm unclear as to what needs to be done on the
Squid server. Besides the configuration settings for WCCP in Squid, do
you:

1. Setup IP Filter? If so, why? Is WCCP not a point to point protocol?
2. Compile Squid with the --enable-ipf-transparent option?
3. Any thing else?

Has anyone successfully setup WCCP under Solaris? Is there any complete
WCCP documentation for Solaris? Since most of the documentation is for
Linux, I'm at a lost as to where to start.

Thanks for your help,

Brian S. Wallace

Oak Ridge National Laboratory
P. O. Box 2008, MS 6025