Re: Anti-virus and squid integration. Any hacker ?

From: Marc van Selm <marc.van.selm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 09:39:17 +0200

At 01:04 AM 6/2/00 +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

>Shouldn't be that hard I guess. All incoming data from the various
>protocols goes to a single function storeAppend() and then into
>stmemAppend(). I guess it would be possible to divert the data stream
>there. It might however be a bit tricky if you need to reject the
>request..

One option could be when the request had to be rejected because it contains
a virus that it is just replaced by a "this file is infected" text-file.
What I'm a bit worried about is that all data goes through a scanner in a
store and forward mode. How about the introduced latency? Experience anyone?

>--
>Henrik Nordstrom
>Squid hacker

Marc van Selm
NATO C3 Agency
Communication Systems Division, A-Branch
Tel: +31 70 3142454
E-mail: marc.van.selm@nc3a.nato.int (PGP capable)
Private: selm@cistron.nl, selm@het.net, http://www.cistron.nl/~selm