Re: gb_t and memMeter

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 15:51:15 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 1 May 2001, Robert Collins wrote:

> configure.in has code to define int64_t if any 64 bit int is available.
> we should use int64_t and expand that code if system types are missing
> on some platforms.

What would you "expand" into if a platform has no 64bit integral types
though? A missing struct is easy to replace, but it is not true for a
missing internal type (in C).

As far as I can see, you would have to make the possibly-missing
internal type opaque (void*) and handle it via gb_t-like interfaces
only. I may be missing a better solution though.

Alex.