[squid-users] Squid as internet traffic monitor

From: Babelo Gmvsdm <hercule18_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 11:30:52 +0200

Hi, I would like to use a Squid Server only as an Internet Traffic Monitor. To do this I used an Ubuntu 14.04 with Squid 3.3 on it. I plugged the squid on a cisco switch port configured as a monitor destination. The port connected to the backbone switch is configured as monitor source. I configured the IP of the Squid to be the same as real gateway used by users. I configured the squid to be in transparent mode with : http_port 3128 intercept I put an iptable rule that should forward http packets to the squid on port 3128. Unfortunately it does not work. The access.log does not populate except if I try to access directly the squid IP on port 3128. Any Idea? Do I loosing my time? Does anybody has already tried to to these kind of things? Many thx my advance for your answers. Bye