Re: [squid-users] Transparent Proxy Authentication.

From: Leonardo Rodrigues <leolistas_at_solutti.com.br>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:41:18 -0300

Em 27/04/13 07:22, James Harper escreveu:
>> That's not really a useful answer though, is it?
>>
>> You can't use the regular http "WWW-Authenticate" style authentication, but you can redirect the user to a captive portal style page and have them authenticate to that, then redirect back to the original address.
>>
>> Have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captive_portal for some info about the concept, and some limitations.
>>
>> Making it work with squid is an exercise for the reader, although I'm sure someone has described a solution somewhere before.
>>
>> James

     Depending on your scenario, specially if that's a corporate
network, you can somehow easily have your browsing agents (browsers)
transparently CONFIGURED, using Windows AD policies (if that's your
case) of even WPAD thing.

     That way, having the browsers transparently CONFIGURED (that's
absolutely different from transparently intercepted requests), you can
use authentication with no problem at all.

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues