[squid-users] how the big guys are doing it - Caching dynamic content with squid

From: x-man <x-man_at_vivateam.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 02:20:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I was bugging my head recently with different approaches on how to cache
dynamic content with squid, especially youtube content, but also other
similar video sites.

The solutions I found on the internet and tried ranged from url_rewriters
with php scripts running on apache, to cache_peer solutions using nginx
proxy module as cache_peer directive in squid...

Some of them are working, and some of them are not working very well..

I was wondering how the commercial solutions, that are based on squid also,
are doing this, and what is the proper way to do it, if I have to start
writing such software right now, where to start from.

This questions is mostly directed to the Squid people here, who can give
advice according to them, what is the best approach if you want to make a
proper addon for squid, that will be dealing with dynamic content sites -
like youtube and others similar.

Of course if someone else can give idea is very much welcome in this
discussion.