Re: [squid-users] No forward-proxy ports error in 3.3

From: Ahmed Talha Khan <auny87_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 11:04:08 +0500

Looking at the explanation you gave it seems that forward_proxy is not
a necessary if my setup allows for it. My case is that of simple
forward proxy. I do not have any proxy peers, nor am i accessing the
cachemgr.cgi. So in the case of normal webpage requests e.g
www.google.com none of these should come into play and my setup should
work. Correct me if i am wrong.

Lets say my squid is running on a machine 192.168.8.40 and i choose
port 8080 as the proxy_forward port. Then i will configure it like
this

http_port 192.168.8.40:8080

The error page that you mentioned, will that be transferred to the
client via this port? If that is the case, then how is my client going
to associate that as response for one of its requests. Lets say client
is at 192.168.8.39. He makes a request for a page which is not
accesible. Squid will return the error page to client via its 8080
port?

Actually i am getting confused by usage of this in 3.2/3.3 versus
earlier version of 3.1. So bear with me if you can :)

Coming back to my original problem of some webpages not opening for my
3.3 setup. Any suggestions? Some of the web pages are not opening and
some are opening. Something weird is happening. e.g www.yahoo.com wont
open, but http://www.squid-cache.org/ will open. For the pages that
donot open, the client sends a GET request to the resolved IP but
there is no http response. I verified that on wireshark.

My squid conf is: transparent proxy config

http_port 192.168.8.40:3128 intercept ssl-bump
cert=/home/talha/squid/www.sample.com.pem
key=/home/talha/squid/www.sample.com.pem
https_port 192.168.8.40:3129 intercept
cert=/home/talha/squid/www.sample.com.pem