[squid-users] No response from Squid when cannot resolve DNS for host

From: Vincent Miszczak <vmiszczak_at_ankama.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 10:52:24 +0200

Hello,

I have a strange issue with at least one URL :
http://d.businessinsider.com/

The host does not exist and cannot be resolved. But instead of telling me that Squid cannot resolve the host (as it does for example for the non existing http://zfsdfo.sdfdsfrgq.com/ ), Squid gives no response, and make the browser wait forever. This URL is included in the page : http://www.businessinsider.com/best-company-perks-2011-5 which never loads.

While accessing the non existing URL, cache.log gives :
2012/04/16 10:48:06| ipcacheParse: No Address records in response to 'd.businessinsider.com'

No message is logged when accessing another non existing host.

Do I have a configuration issue or is this a Squid issue ?

I'm using version 3.1.18-r10422.

Regards.

believed to be clean.