Re: [squid-users] Re: Unable to forward this request at this time.

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 04:34:54 +1300

On 26/01/2012 2:34 a.m., Luc Igert wrote:
> Hello,
> i'm bumping here because I have the same error message and it is very
> confusing (at least for me :-) .

What is more confusing, the error message words or why they are appearing?

> I have 3 hosts, my first one (and default) is working without any problem,
> but the 2 other ones arent.
> My hosts are online (I can access the servers per IP).
> Is something missing in my .conf?

Yes. Details below.

> I'm posting my whole squid.conf, maybe someone just sees where the problem
> is....
> Thanks .
>

> Luc.
>

> Here is my conf:
>
> always_direct allow all

This line essentially means "cache_peer lines are to be ignored.".

Squid will lookup DNS records for the domain it is handed and pass the
request DIRECT-ly to the origin server IP it finds there, bypassing the
cache_peer hierarchy.

Amos