RE: [squid-users] 2 squid on the same server

From: J. Webster <webster_jack_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:50:19 +0100

> yes. yes. wrong. no it does not.
>
> You seem very confused about Squid capabilities...
>
> - *add* a second http_port with "intercept" flag (or "transparent" if
> its an old Squid).
> - configure iptables to pass the VPN port 80 traffic *to* that new
> Squid port.
> - configure iptables to prevent direct client connections to that new
> port.
> - configure squid to not ask for auth from VPN clients.
>
> OR
> - configure the VPN clients to use Squid the same way you configure
> the non-VPN ones.
> - what you do with auth is now optional.

So, I can do this all with one squid service listening on different ports?
Out of interest, I had a post the other day: "proxy external ip address aclū"
You mentioned that adding an extra authentication would mess with the existing ncsa auth.
Can I therefore add a 2nd authentication method on a different port and have 2 authentication methods running at the same time?