Re: [squid-users] squid config help required

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 19:55:17 +1200

On 29/04/11 19:25, Colin Coe wrote:
> Hi Amos, many thanks for the prompt and detailed reply.
>
> I have made the suggested changes with some improvements.
>
> I should have advised of the version I'm using. This is a RHEL 6 box
> with v3.1.4 and I'd prefer to stick with RH if at all possible,
>
> All nodes use static IP addresses and I control the DNS (and rDNS) for
> this domain. Every node with an A record has a corresponding PTR
> record.
>
> When I browse to rhevm.test.company.com (the reverse proxy URL), I end
> up being redirected to the HTTPS site, not the HTTP site. I note that
> the URL has changed from rhevm.test.company.com to
> virtman.test.company.com (the real FQDN). Any ideas on how I'd stop
> this changing?

There is nothing in this squid.conf that would be doing that change.

> The node virtman.test.company.com runs two sites, one HTTP and one
> HTTPS. The HTTPS site is where you are taken if you don't specify a
> http:// at the beginning.

That bounce is the problem. It is using the server hostname instead of
the request Host: domain.

Requests sent to Web servers do not contain any "http://domain:port"
portion in their URLs. The http:// should only be sent to proxy relays.

Squid is relaying requests to the origin peer port 80 in "origin" server
format:
   GET /index.html HTTP/1.1
   Host: virtman.test.company.com

Your bounce seems to be redirecting those requests to:
   HTTP/1.1 302 Redirect
   Location: https://rhevm.test.company.com/index.html

instead of:
   HTTP/1.1 302 Redirect
   Location: https://virtman.test.company.com/index.html

If you really want to keep this bounce going you can do it a lot more
efficiently inside Squid with a url redirector returning
"307:https://virtman.test.company.com/$url_path" where the domain is
virtman.test.company.com.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1