Re: [squid-users] Re: Effort for port 3.1 to windows?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 17:30:35 +1200

On 26/04/11 14:57, Yucong Sun (叶雨飞) wrote:
> Hi Amos,
>
> You can get VS2010 Express for free at here
> http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/#2010-Visual-CPP
>
> Win SDK are free as well
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/bb980924 but it's not required
> to build.
>
> You get get other VC Express version free as well.
>
> There's some change in C runtime since VS2005 which mess things up,
> including some redefine of EAGAIN EWOULDBLOCK etc etc.
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8ef0s5kh(v=vs.80).aspx
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms737828(v=vs.85).aspx

Thank you for the thought.

It's not a matter of having the IDE itself though. I have no hardware
capable of running it is the main problem. The boxes here with enough
resources to run recent versions of Windows (and the IDE) are all
running Debian or Ubuntu for CDN servers and media editing.

Guido provides a VM for us to test syntax bugs with, but those two
blocker bugs are in my way to do more work.

> I'm just generally frustrated about not having something that at least
> build, I can probably risk a couple of night to try to get things
> start.

Anything will help. Thank you.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1