Re: [squid-users] Purging cache objects

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 16:26:27 +1200

 On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 23:01:38 -0300, N3O wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to purge something from the cache via the CacheMgr.cgi
> interface? I need to quickly remove any incorrect content from a
> website that uses two reverse proxies as a caching layer..
> thanks!

 Not really. That is still on the wishlist.

 Holding CTRL down while clicking the reload button in your browser will
 clear out all objects for that page from every proxy in the path.
 However this requires an HTTP standards-compliant proxy. Proxies using
 the refresh_pattern override-* or ignore-* which warn about standards
 compliance can block the updates. As can the http_port "ignore-cc"
 option on reverse-proxies (thus a separate unflagged management port is
 useful on reverse proxies).

 If you have PURGE access permitted you can send a PURGE request for the
 relevant URL.

  squidclient -m PURGE -H '$vary_headers' $url

 where $url is the URL being purged, and $vary_headers are what the
 browser sent for each Vary: listed header to get the object cached.
 Recent releases will reveal what those where in the cachemgr object
 report, otherwise its a blind guess.

 Alternatively you could use the squidpurge tool to find and remove
 things.

 Amos