[squid-users] Route large traffic through different gateway

From: Supratik Goswami <supratik.goswami_at_webyog.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 21:04:59 +0530

Hello,

I am using squid-3.1.11-1.el5 in a production server which acts as a
gateway of our network.
Every system is connected to the internet through the Squid proxy server.

In my Squid configuration I am using "reply_body_max_size 15 MB
officelan" to restrict download of large files.
I am also using the following delay pool parameters to restrict
Squid's overall bandwidth consumption.

delay_pools 1
delay_class 1 1
delay_access 1 allow all
delay_parameters 1 192000/192000

In my environment we have two ISP providers connected using two
routers Link-1 and Link-2.
Currently Squid uses Link-1 to connect to the internet.

Currently if a download file size if more than 15 MB squid restricts
the download as per the above configuration
by my objective is to redirect requests through Link-2 if the download
size is larger than 15 MB.

While looking into the Squid mailing list archive I came across this
post http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200707/0678.html.
I wen through the Squid documentation but I am not able to find how
can a achieve it using Squid.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Supratik