Re: [squid-users] Transparent proxy

From: Paweł Mojski <pawcio_at_pawcio.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 10:28:58 +0200

Hi Guys;

I'm new one on the list so at the beginning I'd like to say hello to all
regular readers :)
I'm using squid (3.1.1 at this moment) in huge service and I'm wondering
about one think.

>> c) Can squid proxy SSL requests transparently ?
>>

> Yes. But only for one definition of "transparent": the HTTP RFC
> definition.
> /pedant
>
> It will not handle NAT intercepted SSL.

I have something like this in my squid.conf file:

pl-waw1 ~ # grep transparent /etc/squid/squid.conf
http_port 10.1.1.1:8080 transparent
https_port 10.1.1.1:8443 transparent sslBump cert=/etc/squid/cert.pem

And it works very fine with DNAT redirection.

Also, please anyone explain me what is the difference in deprecated
sslBump and new one ssl-bump.
I tried to upgrade squid, but to new sslbumping format was not working fine.
How should I use it?

Regards;

--
Paweł Mojski