Re: [squid-users] tproxy bridge very slow when cache is full

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 15:44:22 +0200

On 22.03.11 06:49, rpereyra_at_lavabit.com wrote:
> I have installed a bridge tproxy proxy in a fast server with 8GB ram. The
> traffic is around 50mb/s.
>
> When I start for first time the proxy (with the cache empty) the proxy
> works very well but when the cache becomes full (few hours later) the
> bridge goes very slow, the traffic goes below 10mb/s and the web browsing
> is very slow.

what do you mean "full"? The cache_dir is filled up to configured 8 GB?
it may mean that squid starts removing objects. that can slow things down if
you have big traffic and.

> # Uncomment and adjust the following to add a disk cache directory.
> cache_dir ufs /var/spool/squid 8000 16 256

aufs or diskd usually behave much much better than ufs.

how much of disk space, traffic do you have?

Christian Science Programming: "Let God Debug It!".