[squid-users] Class 5, Tagged Delay Pool Question

From: Josh Rhoades <kaiden11_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 13:38:53 -0800

All,

Apologies if my searching through the list archive has been insufficient.

I'm curious: in looking at the documentation for delay pools of
delay_class 5, the only parameter listing for class 5 is the "tag"
parameter. I understand the implication for this, the "tag" is
returned from an external ACL helper coded/defined elsewhere. What I'm
curious about is the bytes/sec bandwidth specifications for class 5.
Poking through the source code, I'm not clear on whether we're
supposed to either:
 - Specify bandwidth parameters class 5 delay pools along with the tag
("delay_parameters X mytag N/M"),
 - Somehow have bandwidth settings defined by the tag itself,
 - Rely on some default setting for bandwidth specifications

Could someone shed some light on this?

Thanks for your time,
Josh Rhoades