Re: [squid-users] URL could not be retrieved

From: Winfield Henry <Winfield.Henry_at_alamancecc.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 11:11:21 -0500

Thanks for input. I have managed to get it functioning by using a conf file from alternate proxy. Looks like the difference is in the http_port line. To get this working it needed 'transparent'. Originally I did not put this in because the firewall was directing port 80 traffic to 3128 on the proxy box (evidently causing the issue with the broken url). We have a lot of 'frozen' desktops that are using the firewall as gateway and this can not be changed easily, so the rule was put in to send port 80 to 3128 on proxy, then allow proxy box outside access.

--
Best Regards,
Winfield

Email correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized state official. (NCGS.Ch. 132)
>>> On 1/25/2011 at 5:16 PM, in message
<b74f600fe82e928a76597f3f70f8e018_at_mail.treenet.co.nz>, Amos Jeffries