RE: [squid-users] Squid as Proxy for Exchange 2010þ

From: Joseph L. Casale <jcasale_at_activenetwerx.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 18:06:45 +0000

>When i
>setup the Exchange server I used a SSL certificate with the domain
>mail.myco.com.  Now that I am considering using Squid I was wondering
>how I would set that up since i have already used the domain and if I
>could use a separate SSL Certificate with the same domain name on the
>SQUID server.
>
>Any other suggestions on how to best configure this would be appreciated.

While there might be a better way, the private key and the public key are
stored together so you can export and separate them for use on non-windows
systems thereby validating the squid server to respond as well.

Others who have actually done this might evaluate this procedure but
in my limited ssl knowledge, I presume this should work? A quick web search
yields this: http://www.petefreitag.com/item/16.cfm

hth,
jlc