Re: [squid-users] Can't figure out this one - need a pointer

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 18:37:28 +1200

Kurt Buff wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 20:04, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>> Kurt Buff wrote:
<snip>

> Dang - completely missed the NTLM. That's just sick and wrong. I'm
> going to have to do some hard thinking about what I want to do about
> this.
>
> If I proceed with persistent connections, I'm guessing that I need to
> use pconn_timeout to control them? If so, what might be a reasonable
> threshold to set? Will I also have to use persistent_request_timeout,
> and with a similar period specified?

They are self-regulating most of the time. They are one of the
cornerstones of HTTP/1.1 performance gains so nothing to be worried
about. Squid have a preference for closing them early rather than
leaving them open if anything unusual happens.

If you must reduce their lifetimes the pconn_timeout can shrink their
idle times down.

I forgot to mention pinning as a requirement earlier. That means 2.6,
2.7 or 3.1 are the only versions that will pass-thru NTLM.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.1