Re: [squid-users] Problem compiling Squid as a TPROXY with WCCP

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 21:27:00 +1200

Leonardo wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I need to use Squid as a Transparent Proxy using WCCP (with Reverse
> Proxy function enabled) on my Linux Debian 5.0.5.
>

> The Squid binaries available directly with apt-get aren't build AFAIK
> with the transparent proxy option enabled, so I downloaded the latest
> code source (3.1.6) from http://www.squid-cache.org and I'm now in the
> process of compiling it.

Depends on which version of Debian you use. The 3.1 releases currently
in Unstable and Testing repositories have all the requirements for
TPROXYv4 enabled.

> I have installed gcc and gcc-c++ (package build-essential) to avoid
> the compiler complain about missing the necessary Linux kernel header
> files (Netfilter).
>
> My compiling options are as follows:
> ./configure --enable-linux-netfilter --enable-wccp
>

> Now, the problem is that I get the following error:
>
> checking if Linux (Netfilter) kernel header files are installed... yes
> configure: WARNING: Missing needed capabilities (libcap or libcap2) for TPROXY
> configure: WARNING: Linux Transparent Proxy support WILL NOT be enabled
> configure: WARNING: Reduced support to Interception Proxy
> configure: WARNING: Missing needed capabilities (libcap or libcap2)
> for TPROXY v2
> configure: WARNING: Linux Transparent Proxy support WILL NOT be enabled
>
> However, I *do* have libcap2 on my machine, and it's up-to-date
> (apt-get upgrade libcap2).

libcap-dev is required to build.

Though give the Squeeze packages a try, I'm interested in any feedback
if they are not working.

Amos

--
Please be using