Re: [squid-users] squid_ldap_auth

From: Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <luis.daniel.lucio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 17:26:48 -0500

Le mardi 4 mai 2010 14:10:00, burbankmarc a écrit :
> Hey all,
>
> I have ldap authentication working in squid 3.1.3, and it works
> well....except that the user has to authenticate everytime they open a
> browser window. All the users are XP using IE. I have another squid (2.5)
> instance running using NTLM and they only need to type in their credentials
> when their password changes.
>
> Is there a way to get similar functionality using squid_ldap_auth?

Unfortunatly that behaivoir is perfectly well in basic auth,
every new window or you IE doesnt know what session has other and they no
share previews autehtnication. But if you do a Ctrl+ t (new tab) IE (or
mozilla) wont ask for new password.

with ntlm is the same, but borwser sends password for you :)

maybe programin an external acl to keep track of what ips are being used and
if there's an already authenticated session with X ip, next X ip wont need
password. but be careful, you will lose usernames at logfile

LD