[squid-users] config of squid to use external proxy

From: Clemente Aguiar <ca-lists_at_madeiratecnopolo.pt>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:14:54 +0000

I want to config my transparent squid to use an external proxy (with
user/password) authentication when accessing a specific set of sites.

At present the situation is as follows:
When I want to access a specific site, say www.example.com, I am
required to set my browser proxy settings to use an external proxy, for
instance proxy.external.com port 8080, and then I am required to enter a
user and password. Basically the site www.example.com is only accessible
through this proxy which is external to our site.

On our site we have our own squid box configured as transparent cache
(using WCCPv2), so what I would like is to be able to access
www.example.com (transparently), i.e. without having to change my
browser proxy settings.

Can anybody help me with the squid config?