Re: [squid-users] Performance tips for accelerator setup

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:23:23 +1300

Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> On 16.01.10 14:35, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> Also, you may want to use CARP from the parents to siblings. That will
>> restrict the objects each sibling is caching to the URLs CARP assigns
>> it. Less duplicated objects leading to a longer caching time window and
>> more hits overall.
>
> Is this usable between peers manually configured or does it require support
> from network layer? I've always thought it requires intercepting and
> encapsulating HTTP connections by intermediate routers...

No. It's just a way of selecting parent caches. Just like round-robin or
source-hash.
One non-storing gateway instance with multiple backend caching instances.

>> If you are using ICP between the siblings, try HTCP for better peer HITS.
>
> last time I asked about HTCP, I got answer that there's no benefit from it
> yet. When did this change?

How long ago was last time? since 2.7 came out the CLR and several
update bits have been added that speed up obsoletion and
if-not-modified. It might just be opinions too.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.15