RE: [squid-users] Latest greatest Active Directory Auth solution?

From: Joseph L. Casale <JCasale_at_activenetwerx.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:26:21 -0700

>Is someone keeping track of all the Active Directory Authentication
>solutions available in the Squid distribution?
>In /usr/lib/squid3 I have all these and no idea which is the latest best.
>pam_auth
>smb_auth
>smb_auth.sh
>smb_auth.pl
>ntlm_auth
>msnt_auth
>squid_ldap_auth
>squid_ldap_group
>wbinfo_group.pl

The wiki's http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/WindowsAuthenticationNTLM
works perfect for me. In fact, it’s the only perfect working implantation of SSO
I have yet to ever make work :) I extended the how-to with a switch,
--require-membership-of=AD_DOMAIN\\AD_GROUP and allow auth for only certain users
this way.

jlc