[squid-users] multiple auth_params?

From: Paul Houselander \(SME\) <housey_at_sme-ecom.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 10:26:57 -0000

Hi

Was trying to see if squid was capable of using different external
authentication helpers based on acl's? i.e. if it comes from src ip
192.168.10.0/32 use an ldap lookup, if it comes from 192.168.11.0/32 use
ncsa?

I came across this message (2005)
http://www.mail-archive.com/squid-users@squid-cache.org/msg59714.html

"However, MARA Systems is collecting bids for implementing multiple
authentication realms within the same Squid allowing different user
databases to be used depending on what is requested where. Implementation
will start when there is sufficient interest."

But couldn't see if anything ever came of it.

Also, can anyone tell me if a browser always sends an Authorization header?
What I was thinking of is if a browser sends the header regardless of
whether its requested and I allow the request via an IP based ACL is there
any way of logging the username from the header?

Regards

Paul