[squid-users] remote transaprent proxy works, but all access.log entries show same IP

From: Dan Batrams <dbq240_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 13:37:52 -0800 (PST)

I'm running:

Squid Cache: Version 3.0.STABLE9
configure options:

and am using transparent proxying on a squid box that's behind my iptables firewall. Everything works ok, however the access.log shows all requests are coming from the firewall's IP instead of from my LAN's workstation IPs.

I used iptables rules similar to what I found on
 http://tldp.org/HOWTO/TransparentProxy-6.html

If I set the proxy manually on a browser, then the access log entries appear as desired. I could manually set the proxy on all workstations, but I'd rather have it work automatically if possible. Does anyone know if what I want is possible? Thanks!