[squid-users] ICP and sibling peers in reverse proxies?

From: Christian Tzolov <Christian.Tzolov_at_tomtom.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 20:41:37 +0200

Dear all,

If we conceder the following deployment diagram:

         INTERNET

     +--------------+
     |Load Balancer |
     +--------------+
        | |
 +-------+ +-------+
 |Squid_1| |Squid_2|
 +-------+ +-------+
      | |
+--------+ +--------+
|Apache_1| |Apache_2|
+--------+ +--------+

There the squid servers are configured as reverse proxies in front of
the apache backend (original/parent) servers.

The apache servers are identical. That means that the same HTTP/Get
request performed on either of them will always produce the same
response. As a result the all responses will be cached twice. Once on
squid_1 and again on squid_2.

Is it possible to avoid the redundancy explained above with the help of
the ICP protocol and configuring both squid servers as sibling peers?

Any ideas will be appreciated!

Best regards,
 Christian

This e-mail message contains information which is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for use by the addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee, we request that you notify the sender immediately and delete or destroy this e-mail message and any attachment(s), without copying, saving, forwarding, disclosing or using its contents in any other way. TomTom N.V., TomTom International BV or any other company belonging to the TomTom group of companies will not be liable for damage relating to the communication by e-mail of data, documents or any other information.