[squid-users] HTTPS proxying

From: Serge Egelman <egelman_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 23:32:08 -0700

Hi,

I'm trying to set up squid to forward SSL connections. I previously had
it set up just as logging proxy for conducting laboratory usability
studies (we would configure the browsers on our lab machines to use the
proxy, then I could check the logs afterwards to see where people were
going). So I know it works for a minimal configuration. I'm working on
a study now where I need to inject a self signed certificate into an SSL
session (I'm looking at warning messages), but can't seem to get squid
configured correctly (the idea is that we'll have the lab machines use
configured to use the proxy again).

I first tried https_port, but it didn't seem to listen on the port
(different port than for http_port, and it would listen on that port).
When I restarted it, it asked for the password on the key, so it was
definitely reading the directive. Though the port remained closed.

I asked about this in IRC, and someone suggested I upgrade to 3.1 and
use sslBump. I tried this, however nothing happened. When I went to
SSL websites it still just used CONNECT.

Any ideas on how I can do this? Am I going about it the wrong way?

Thanks,

serge

--
/*