[squid-users] digest_pw_auth

From: Luis Enrique <enrique_at_banmet.cu>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:07:23 -0500

Hello
I have problems implementing authentication digest in squid, I have
created my passwd file with the tool apache2 htdigest, I have also
created an user, and the squid.conf configure with:
auth_param digest program /usr/lib/squid/digest_pw_auth =
/etc/squid/passwd_digest
auth_param digest realm Linux-Squid-Proxy
auth_param digest children 5
auth_param digest nonce_garbage_interval 5 minutes
auth_param digest nonce_max_duration 30 minutes
auth_param digest nonce_max_count 50
then when identifying me against the proxy to navigate me it doesn't =
recognize my password, I introduce it and it rejects it to me requesting =
it to me again..again.. until giving me error .
I have revised the permissions of thepasswd file and is ok, I need to =
know that it lacks in the configuration of the authentication using this =
method.
my other question is if a similar tool exists to chpasswd that allows me =
to my users in a future to change its keys or if you can use that same =
one using authentication digest for that I have understood that that it =
is used for the basic authentication and on the other hand if there is =
also some tool to administer the users that it is not webmin, similar to =
admuser.cgi.
greetings excuse my English
 greetings from cuba