Re: [squid-users] Squid requirements

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:01:05 +1200 (NZST)

> What we're really missing is a bunch of "hardware x, config y, testing
> z, results a, b, c." TMF used to have some stuff up for older hardware
> but there's just nothing recent to use as a measuring stick..

Right. Well. I've left this far too long. But there is now a wiki page for
initial benchmarking info.

Until TMF have the standardized testing ready for public use its only
going to contain very rough information as submitted.
Still, it's better than posts spread randomly through the mailing lists...

Current info listed is very simple:
  OS, CPU model + GHz rating, RAM, HDD, Req/Sec

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/Benchmarks

If you are running any release of squid and can provide the same details
with a better requests-per-second rate than one listed. Or a different H/W
configuration we would like to know about it.

Thanks.

Amos