Re: [squid-users] DNS and HEAD questions...

From: John Doe <jdmls_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 02:09:32 -0700 (PDT)

> > I already have 'log_fqdn off'.
> > What do I miss to prevent all dns things?
>
> As you dit, plus nsswitch settings to only use files, not dns.

Hum, other applications need dns...
So I recompiled with internal dns and will just keep 'log_fqdn off'.

> > Any GET or HEAD request (even with no-cache, etc in the headers) from the
> > client should only involve squid.
> > I already tried:
> > header_access Cache-Control deny all
> > header_replace Cache-Control max-age=864000
> > refresh_pattern . 525600 100% 525600 override-expire override-lastmod
> > ignore-reload ignore-no-cache
> > But it is not enough... any idea?
>
> refresh_pattern is the key to do what you ask. header_... is only for
> how it will look when Suqid forwards a request/response, not how Squid
> parses it himself...

I see, so I will just forget about the headers...
It works fine when the client sends GETs; but if it decides to send HEADs instead, squid seems to ignore completely my refresh_pattern above...
Is there a way to treat HEADs like GETs?

Thx,
JD