RE: [squid-users] Integrating squid with OpenSSL:very slow response

From: Geetha_Priya <Geetha_Priya_at_satyam.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 13:01:13 +0530

Thanks for your reply, I agree the empty request is not a concern and is not a part of squid.

The issue is

Accessing websites through proxy and squid has following response along with being slow

1. No graphical images are obtained for a requested page, I don’t see subsequent requests for obtaining images through squid. It gets the main page without graphics

2. At times when requests is made a window pops up in the browser that says

"you have chosen to open http://weblink
Which is a bin file" and provides options to save

I don’t understand the reason behind this. Again I am not sure if it is because of squid or openssl.

Please clarify.
Regards
Geetha