[squid-users] Double Authentication

From: David Valin <eduardo.campos_at_indo.es>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 08:40:44 +0200

Hello!

I have set up a Squid 2.6v6 STABLE16 server in a RHEL4. Our company is under
MS Active Directory and the squid server authenticates users against AD
successfully, but we have a problem, users that are not in AD (we are still
migrating our system) cannot navigate. I have written this in the squid.conf
file

auth_param basic program /usr/libexec/squid/ncsa_auth
/usr/local/squid/etc/passwd (thinking about users not in AD)

auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
-helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp (For users in AD)

When a user in AD opens Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox automatically
is authenticated ( I took a look at cache.log) and is able to navigate.

When a user not in AD opens Internet Explorer or Mozilla, a small window is
prompted asking for user and password, I type a valid user and pass that is
in the file but it does not work.

This password files has been created with Webmin, another file following
some guides.

I have tried both pass files but no success with that.

Please I would like to know how to manage 2 different types of
authentication, the firs for users in AD and the seconds for users not in
AD.

Thank you very much.