[squid-users] squid 3 - authentication is broken (?)

From: <mrosquid_at_eastgranby.k12.ct.us>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 14:18:34 -0400 (EDT)

I am trying to migrate from squid 2.6 STABLE13-1 on Fedora 6 to squid
3.0.STABLE2 on Fedora 9 and can't seem to get basic authentication to
work. I even tried the ncsa_auth module without success. With a ps -A, I
can see the ncsa_auth child processes.

The authentication window never appears and I immediately receive a denied
message. The browser is IE7.

Without authentication, squid is working fine.

This seems to be identical to a posting on May 17.

Mark Orenstein
East Granby, CT School System

believed to be clean.