Re: [squid-users] NTLM filtering single user

From: Luca Dell'Oca <ldelloca_at_arkam.it>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 11:53:18 +0200

> Here is where the problems start.
> 'REQUIRED' means only that the person MUST login. Squid does not care
> what the username/password is, just that it authenticates.
>
> To get specific user having access to a specific site you need to list
> the username in the acl. Like so:
>
> acl administrator proxy_auth admin Administrator
> acl assistent proxy_auth john

Thanks so much Amos, this configuration did the trick, now every user has
its own list of allowed sites!!!

Only one final question: when one of the user opens up an allowed site,
sometimes parts of it belongs to external websites. Internet explorer pops
up with the request for alternative credentials, and in some cases there are
so many popups making navigation really frustrating.

As an example, I allowed microsoft.com, but the website gets pieces from
msn.com that is denied. How can I avoid it? What I need is simply drop
requests for non allowed sites and do not have the popups.

Thanks again,
Luca.