Re: [squid-users] Reverse proxy with URL rewriting

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 02:29:46 +0200

On tis, 2008-05-06 at 16:56 +0200, Sylvain Beaux wrote:
> I've got an other problem, each web server use cookies methods and I
> need to rewrite the Cookie path too. I didn't find a solution on the
> FAQ.

Squid can not do this.

This is one of many reasons why it generally is a bad idea to remap
URLs. It's much much better if you can configure the web server so that
it accepts the public URL.

Things you have to fight with when remapping URLs:
- Location headers
- Content-Location headers
- Set-Cookie headers
- Set-Cookie2 headers
- HTML content using absolute URLs
- Dynamic HTML content using absolute URLs (CGI programs, php scripts
etc)
- Stylesheets with embedded urls to background images etc.
- JavaScript content building URLs to the site
- Other content using absolute URLs (i.e. flash etc)

Regards
Henrik