[squid-users] Google Images and Blacklists

From: Cailen Pratt <cailen.pratt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:57:27 +1100

Hi guys,

I have posted this a while ago and haven't had much luck with responses.

I'm wondering if there is any way to filter images.google.com.au using my
blacklist? I have an extensive blacklist which works great however if I go
to Google Images, I can search images that belong to domains in my
blacklist. I don't want to block images.google.com.au because I would like
users to still have access to this functionality. I'm running Squid Version
2.6.STABLE5

My squid.config looks like this:

acl blacklist dstdomain "/etc/squid/domains/blacklist"
http_access deny all Blacklist

I have tried using url_regex which does work however not with the size of my
Blacklist. My Blacklist is 16.3MB in size and therefore this cannot be used.
Is there any other way anyone can think of to get around this?

If not, is it possible to stop users from changing the Google preferences
under SafeSearch Filtering to " Do not filter my search results"

Thanks in advance.