[squid-users] installing squid on xp for aim proxy

From: Dave <dmehler26@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:47:10 -0400

Hello,
    I'm trying to install squid on xpsp2 and am having difficulty with the
installation procedure. I've downloaded the latest 2.6.14 binaries and
extracted them to c:\squid. I am having difficulties with the installation
doc and am wondering if there's a command list i could utilize?
    I'm atempting to get squid on this box for the purpose of proxying aol
im connections, goal is to allow aol to connect for only specified lengths
of time, say for a maximum of three hours daily, after that time all further
aol connections are refused. I'm wondering will this also effect standard
web browsing or just aim sessions?
    If anyone has a similar setup i'd like to know about it.
Thanks.
Dave.