Re: [squid-users] Syslog configuration

From: Michel Santos <michel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 19:05:26 -0300 (BRT)

Henrik Nordstrom disse na ultima mensagem:
> On ons, 2007-08-22 at 04:55 -0300, Michel Santos wrote:
>
>> so then I have to take care when upgrading because my 2.6.S14 are still
>> working well with 'access_log syslog:local:4'
>
> That syntax is not understood by any version and is silently ignored,
> resulting in the log being sent to daemon.info (same as LOG_DAMON|
> LOG_INFO)
>
> This is true for 2.6.STABLE14 at least. Later versions may reject the
> invalid configuration as invalid.
>
> If you want the log sent to the local4 facility in 2.6.STABLE14 then
> specify syslog:LOG_LOCAL4 nothing else.

well, don't know there but here I am using it and it working here
perfectly as said in

access_log syslog:local:4

but in your defense :) I must say that your version is working also
exactly the same way configured as

access_log syslog:LOG_LOCAL4

both log to the file defined in syslog.conf for local4.* facility

michel

Datacenter Matik http://datacenter.matik.com.br
E-Mail e Data Hosting Service para Profissionais.