[squid-users] compile time options for binary distribution (solaris)

From: rahul <rahul@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:04:47 +0530

Hi,
    Sun is considering bundling Squid 2.6 as a part of the main Solaris
distribution. The effort (integration and testing) is underway here
(http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/webstack/)

For this, we would like to go for a lean and fast binary, but with often
used options enabled during compilation, so that a majority of the
Polaris users can make use of it.

We have put together a comparison of various distributions in terms of
the compilation options that they have used for the binary distribution
of squid here : http://wikis.sun.com/display/WebStack/SquidCache

Some of the options like logging, snmp, etc if enabled may have a small
performance impact. We would like to know if you have any preference for
these options. (Below is a poll that collects information on it) Do come
over and vote, if there are options that you want enabled during
compilation. (The poll collects information only on some options. If you
have a strong preference for other options, do let us know.)

http://blogs.sun.com/blue/resource/squidpoll.html

                                    rahul

--
1. e4 _