Re: [squid-users] Fw: [Bulk] [squid-users] Certain sites (mainly java) causing problems

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:16:47 +0100

sön 2006-12-17 klockan 21:56 -0500 skrev Terry Dobbs:

> > headaches I get are when users are using certain websites. Sites that use
> > java (such as banking sites, shipping sites, etc...) often cause these
> > problems. The users get a prompt box asking for their credendtials

It's a shortcoming in many JRE versions.

The JRE implements all networking separately from the browser, so the
authentication on requests sent by Java applets is managed by the JRE
and not the browser even if the JRE is seemingly running within the
browser as an applet...

And authentication has not been a high priority for the JRE implementers
so it lacks behind considerably compared to the browsers...

Regards
Henrik