[squid-users] block file download

From: amit ash <ashkadabba@dont-contact.us>
Date: 27 Jul 2006 16:33:39 -0000

Hi everyone,

I was just searching on how to block file download through squid
and got my hands on the code below. I implemented it on my linux
server [suse 10 - squid 2.5] and it worked. I have read many
querries in this forum regd this same issue so posting it for
everyone.

Amit Ash

acl extndeny url_regex -i "/etc/squid/extndeny"
acl download method GET

http_access deny extndeny download
http_access deny extndeny[/code:1:81117a2bfd]
-----save and close ------

Now lets create extndeny file ..this is the list of file
extensions which we are blocking in SQUID. make a file and add
these file extensions vi /etc/squid/extndeny --
\.ez$
\.hqx$
\.cpt$
\.dot$