Re: [squid-users] Squid acl containing hostnames issue

From: Tino Reichardt <list-squid-users@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 11:20:19 +0200

* Jason Bassett <jason_bassett@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am therefore looking for the easiest and most time effective method
> of blocking rooms when required. Hostnames seemed to be the best way.
>
> Any ideas on this issue?

Restricting access an a per user Basis can also be done... just install
an ident daemon with your netlogon script and forbid / allow access,
based on them. Ident daemons are availably for most (all?) Openrating Systems...

I have written a redirector, were you can allow / disallow access to
users / hosts per webinterface on-the-fly ... maybe that's also an point
:)

See http://www.mcmilk.de/projects/squidwall/ for more information about
the redirector.

--