[squid-users] RE: Denying user access based on proxy_auth

From: Geoff Varney <geoff.varney@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 10:42:02 -0700

Joost,
Finally got back to looking at this today. I took your idea of groups and
have it working now. It turns out the simplest way for me to make this work
was to add the group membership required to the end of the ntlm auth_param
line like this:

auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp --require-membership-of=<SID of AD
Internet Allowed Group>

I then associated this with the custom error I had used with my original
denied solution and it appears to be working perfectly. Now I have all my
users in the Internet Allowed group and will just remove them as access is
denied.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Geoff