Re: [squid-users] SOS with squid_ldap_auth !!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 13:31:11 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Meyerovich Aleksandr EB_NY wrote:

> What would be the right openldap version for the following combination:
>
> RedHat 8.0 (2.4.18-14) and Squid 2.5.STABLE4-20031110. When compiling
> Squid with enable ....ldap.... options how to specify an alternate
> openldap location.

Doesn't the openldap shipped with RedHat 8 work?

> Do squid_ldap_auth and squid_ldap_group support Kerberos bind?

No. But it supports TLS encryption if your LDAP Library (OpenLDAP) has TLS
support and a certificate is installed on the LDAP server.

> How to make Kreberos bind?

You have to modify the code.

> Ldapsearch with this parameters returns what I need:
>
> ./ldapsearch -b "dc=my,dc=domain" -D "user@my.domain" -w "password"
> "sAMAccountName=SomeGroupName" -h server.
>
> Squid_ldap_auth with the same options/filters returns ERR.

The above is probably not doing a kerberos bind but a simple bind just
like squid_ldap_auth..

Is there an error message given by squid_ldap_auth? Try using the -d flag
to squid_ldap_auth increasing the logging slightly..

Regards
Henrik