Re: [squid-users] Squid problem with IIS login webpage

From: Daniel Lim <Daniel.Lim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:08:09 +1000

Hi Guido,
Thanks for the info.
The patch I downloaded is only 187 bytes in size, how do I apply this
patch?

Many Thanks,
Daniel

>>> Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it> 25/10/2005
18:11:19 >>>
Hi,

At 08.49 25/10/2005, Daniel Lim wrote:

>Without squid the IIS login page shown up successfully for user login
>authentication.
>I have browsed squid users support sites and understand that this
>particular site may be using "Microsoft Integrated Login" (NTLM)
which
>is
>not a HTTP compliant authentication protocol and is not supported by
>squid.

Correct, the site use NTLM authentication.

>Can someone please provide clue to a workaround for this. Our
>organization does not allow users bypass squid to access internet
sites,
>bypass is only for Admnistrators.

Yoy can try the following new patch that implements connection
pinning needed for NTLM proxy support:

http://devel.squid-cache.org/projects.html#pinning

Please let we to know how it works.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/

This email message, including any attached files, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.

The NSW Department of Commerce prohibits the right to publish,
copy, distribute or disclose any information contained in this email,
or its attachments, by any party other than the intended recipient.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and delete it from your system.

No employee or agent is authorised to conclude any binding
agreement on behalf of the NSW Department of Commerce by email. The views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Department,
except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of NSW Department of Commerce.

The NSW Department of Commerce accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email and recommends that the recipient check this email and any attached files for the presence of viruses.