[squid-users] squid_ldap_auth from shell

From: John Halfpenny <jhalfpenny@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:31:04 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Everyone,

Hope you can help. I'm trying to set up LDAP authentication based on group membership on a Linux Server running squid 10 stable 11.

I've read from the archives that it is a two stage process, and presently the group membership from the bash prompt is giving me a bit of a headache.

I'm testing all my LDAP queries first on LDAPBrowser (to simplify things a little!).

My basic authenticator works fine, in the form

/usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -b "ou=Users,dc=my,dc=domain"
myname mypassword
OK

I have noticed that my LDAP group doesn't have a 'member' attribute, but it does have 'memberUid'. On my LDAPBrowser I can query like this with the desired group as the result:

(&(objectclass=posixGroup)(cn=mygroup)(memberUid=myname))

If I put someone elses name in who isn't a member of mygroup then nothing is returned. However, creating the following command string gives me errors!

/usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_group -b "ou=Groups,dc=my,dc=domain" -f "(&(objectclass=posixGroup)(cn=%a)(memberUid=%v))" -B "ou=Users,dc=my,dc=domain" -F "uid=%s"
myname mygroup
ERR

Any ideas?

Thanks for reading so patiently!